June is Garage Door Safety Month!
Garage Door Safety Tips:
- Inspect cables, panels, springs and rollers for wear
- Do not attempt to remove, adjust or repair anything related to the spring system; these parts are under high tension and can cause serious injury or death – THEY SHOULD ONLY BE REPAIRED BY A TRAINED GARAGE DOOR PROFESSIONAL
- The door should open and close smoothly with no grinding or scraping sounds
- Make sure the garage door opener control station is kept out of reach of children and do not let them play with remote controls
- Never place fingers between door sections – ALWAYS KEEP HANDS AND FINGERS CLEAR OF A MOVING DOOR
- If a garage door is left open, be aware that it may travel downward and encounter an object in its path
- To prevent theft from your garage, keep garage doors closed, especially at night
- Consider your door’s remote control as a key to your home: If you park a vehicle outdoors, be sure that the remote control is locked away or out of sight.
- The garage door is largest moving object in the home and is often the main entry point for your home
- Garage Door Safety Month is an ideal time to perform a periodic safety inspection of your garage door, especially those with automatic openers, so contact us today
Keep your family safe with these simple tips:
- Inspect cables, panels, springs and rollers
- Verify garage door control station and remote controls are out of reach of children
- Contact us for more safety information or click below to schedule your garage door service